Sql Server Reporting Services Error: rsAccessDenied

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by csharper, Aug 5, 2010.

  1. csharper

    csharper Guest

    I hope this is asp.net related and appropriate in this news group. I
    am sure it is not SQL per se, I am not going to post it in the sql
    programming news group.

    I have been baffled by this for months.

    I have SQL Server 2008 Reporting Service running on my Windows Vista
    Enterprise Edition. The ReportServer URL is http://localhost:8888/ReportServer

    As practice, I have created a simple Business Intelligence Project by
    following the tutorial at
    http://www.accelebrate.com/sql_training/ssrs_2008_tutorial.htm

    When I tried to deploy this report, visual studio 2008 gave me an
    error which says:

    Error 1 The permissions granted to user 'MYCOMPUTER\CSharper' are
    insufficient for performing this operation.

    Attempting to check out http://localhost:8888/ReportServer/ from IE
    also gets me this:

    Reporting Services Error

    The permissions granted to user 'MYCOMPUTER\CSharper' are insufficient
    for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied) Get Online Help

    SQL Server Reporting Services

    In Reporting Service Configuration Manager, I have tried service
    accounts "Local System" and "Network Service", neither helped.

    I searched online, a lot of the answers are talking about clicking on
    this or that tab at http://localhost:8888/ReportServer/, but the
    problem is the reporting service doesn't even wanna show me what's in
    http://localhost:8888/ReportServer/ because of the permission error.
    In other words, I cannot even get through the very first door to the
    reporting service. None of the solutions I found helped. I bumped my
    head against my keyboard many times, and hope to get some help from
    here. Many thanks in advance.
    csharper, Aug 5, 2010