SQL Server session state not working unless cookieless=true

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by MPF, Nov 26, 2007.

  1. MPF

    MPF Guest

    Thanks in advance for any info.

    If the cookieless=true is turned on, the sessions are stored in the
    database. If cookieless=false, then no attempt to use the database is
    made. I verified this by putting an invalid password in the connection
    string and it didn't error out unless cookieless=true was set. BTW,
    this is in VS2008.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks,
    Morgan

    <sessionState mode="SQLServer"

    sqlConnectionString="Database=ASPState;Server=.;User=sa;Password=test;"
    allowCustomSqlDatabase="true">
    </sessionState>
    MPF, Nov 26, 2007

  2. MPF

    MPF Guest

    The setup works ok in VS 2005, must be specific to VS2008 & Framework
    3.5.
    Thoughts anyone?

    MPF, Nov 26, 2007