SQL Statements in a Database Search

Bill

I can't believe I can't find this answer on Google... I'm trying to build a
database search query. User enters a search term into a box, and so I'd like
to use that string to search a column in a database.

So, something like

SELECT "column_name"
FROM "table_name"
?SQLcommand? (parm1 and parm2 and "phrase phrase2")

So, if the site visitor entered
parm1 and parm2 and "phrase phrase2"

in the search box, what is the proper ?SQLcommand? to get this to be a good
search engine for my database?

ba

Bob Barrows

Bill said:
I can't believe I can't find this answer on Google... I'm trying to
build a database search query. User enters a search term into a box,
and so I'd like to use that string to search a column in a database.

So, something like

SELECT "column_name"
FROM "table_name"
?SQLcommand? (parm1 and parm2 and "phrase phrase2")

So, if the site visitor entered
parm1 and parm2 and "phrase phrase2"

in the search box, what is the proper ?SQLcommand? to get this to be
a good search engine for my database?

ba

You need to further define your requirements. When asking for query help,
always provide your table structure, some sample data, and the results you
wish your query to return given the sample data and parameters provided.

Bob Barrows