SQL timeout during asp script

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Joey Martin, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. Joey Martin

    Joey Martin Guest

    Could use a little help.

    I have an asp script that insert information into a SQL 2003 db table.

    The script works for about the first 3000 entries and then give me a

    DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or
    access denied.

    Obviously the server is there, since this is working for the first 3000
    entries. I can then do a "where id> 3000" and run it again and it'll run
    about another 3000 then same error.

    What can I do to stop this error and have the entire process run?

    Joey Martin, Jan 24, 2006

  2. Joey Martin wrote:
    > Could use a little help.
    >
    > I have an asp script that insert information into a SQL 2003 db table.

    No such thing. It's either SQL 2000 or SQL 2005 (I doubt you're talking
    about SQL 7 or 6.5)

    > The script works for about the first 3000 entries and then give me a
    >
    > DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or
    > access denied.

    You should really start a new thread for a new topic instead of replying to
    an old thread. This was very confusing. This error has no relevance to a
    Timeout as far as I can see.

    Here is the relevant aspfaq article for this error:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

    > Obviously the server is there, since this is working for the first
    > 3000 entries. I can then do a "where id> 3000" and run it again and
    > it'll run about another 3000 then same error.
    >
    > What can I do to stop this error and have the entire process run?

    It depends on the process. We cannot troubleshoot your code without seeing
    it.

    But before you post your code:
    Are you sure this needs to be done via ASP? Inserting 3000+ rows sounds like
    a task more suited to SQL DTS or Integration Services rather than ASP...

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 24, 2006

  3. Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:

    > You should really start a new thread for a new topic instead of
    > replying to an old thread.This was very confusing.

    Oops, my apologies - ignore this part. I could have sworn there was a "Re:"
    in your subject line ...

    > This error has no relevance to a
    > Timeout as far as I can see.

    I do stand by this part, however.