SQL Timeout

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?amltbnBk?=, Mar 6, 2005.

  1. I keep getting the following error when I try to run a sql statement against
    a huge amount of data. I develop in dreamweaver mx

    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period
    elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
    responding.
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception,
    TdsParserState state)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException
    exception, TdsParserState state)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadNetlib(Int32 bytesExpected)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadBuffer()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadByteArray(Byte[] buff, Int32
    offset, Int32 len)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.SkipBytes(Int64 num)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.SkipRow(_SqlMetaData[] columns, Int32
    startCol)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.CleanPartialRead(TdsParser
    parser)
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.NextResult()
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillNextResult(IDataReader
    dataReader)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromReader(Object data, String
    srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords,
    DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String
    srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32
    startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
    CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
    startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
    CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
    startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable)
    at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
    =?Utf-8?B?amltbnBk?=, Mar 6, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?amltbnBk?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:05:03 -0800, jimnpd
    <> wrote:

    >I keep getting the following error when I try to run a sql statement against
    >a huge amount of data. I develop in dreamweaver mx
    >
    >System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period
    >elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
    >responding.

    Hi jimnpd:

    You can adjust the CommandTimeout property of a SqlCommand object.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/
    Scott Allen, Mar 7, 2005