SQL Timeout

Guest

I keep getting the following error when I try to run a sql statement against
a huge amount of data. I develop in dreamweaver mx

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period
elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
responding.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception,
TdsParserState state)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException
exception, TdsParserState state)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadNetlib(Int32 bytesExpected)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadBuffer()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ReadByteArray(Byte[] buff, Int32
offset, Int32 len)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.SkipBytes(Int64 num)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.SkipRow(_SqlMetaData[] columns, Int32
startCol)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.CleanPartialRead(TdsParser
parser)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillNextResult(IDataReader
dataReader)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromReader(Object data, String
srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords,
DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String
srcTable, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command,
CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32
startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable)
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()

Scott Allen

I keep getting the following error when I try to run a sql statement against
a huge amount of data. I develop in dreamweaver mx

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period
elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not
responding.

Hi jimnpd:

You can adjust the CommandTimeout property of a SqlCommand object.