SQL2k3 connectivity problems

Itai Raz

Hi Guys,

We are making use of SQL2K DB installed on W2003 server for the first time.
We bumped into a whole lot of security related issues, that we managed to
solve, and we have one (hopefully) last outstanding problem keeping us in
the dark. We have some ASP.Net code that is trying to access the DB from the
application servers using a COM+ data access layer. It seems like no matter
what we do, the user which ASP.Net is impersonating in order to access the
DB is the "computer account" on the domain (domain\machineName$). We tried
tweaking machine.config and web.config (impersonation is active and the IIS
settings are set to operate under a privileged user). Doesn't look like
anything is changing. The connection string we're using is of course with
integrated security sspi. Everything works perfectly for pure COM objects
called from ASP, but ASP.Net insists on running under the "wrong" user.

Anyone seen this one before, and happens to know what needs to be done to
resolve this?

Thanks,

--itai