SQL2k3 connectivity problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Itai Raz, Nov 8, 2004.

  1. Itai Raz

    Itai Raz Guest

    Hi Guys,

    We are making use of SQL2K DB installed on W2003 server for the first time.
    We bumped into a whole lot of security related issues, that we managed to
    solve, and we have one (hopefully) last outstanding problem keeping us in
    the dark. We have some ASP.Net code that is trying to access the DB from the
    application servers using a COM+ data access layer. It seems like no matter
    what we do, the user which ASP.Net is impersonating in order to access the
    DB is the "computer account" on the domain (domain\machineName$). We tried
    tweaking machine.config and web.config (impersonation is active and the IIS
    settings are set to operate under a privileged user). Doesn't look like
    anything is changing. The connection string we're using is of course with
    integrated security sspi. Everything works perfectly for pure COM objects
    called from ASP, but ASP.Net insists on running under the "wrong" user.

    Anyone seen this one before, and happens to know what needs to be done to
    resolve this?

    Thanks,

    --itai
    Itai Raz, Nov 8, 2004