SQLAdapter not returning value

lekshmi

Hi,

I have an application written in .Net and my database is
SQLserver. In my application i am using SqlAdapters to
get the values from the database. But sometimes, values
are not returned properly to these adapters and there are
no exceptions also. At this time, all database queries
will fail and the solution to this is restart the machine
(the client, not the sqlserver)

Could this be a problem with the connection pooling?

How should i proceed to nail down the problem?

Thanks,
Lekshmi
..

lekshmi

Hi,

his is the code which i am using

public decimal[] RetrieveReturnRange()
{

decimal[] RangeValues = new decimal[2];

m_command.CommandText = "[sp_GetRange]";

m_command.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
m_command.Connection = m_connection;

DataTable RefundValueDT = new DataTable();

m_adaptor.Fill(RefundValueDT);
DataRow[] dr = RefundValueDT.Select("","RefundValue");
return dr
}

the stored procedure should ideally return one column
which has 2 rows from a look up table. this table will
always have 2 rows. the application runs fine most of the
times. but some times, say twice in a week ( frequency
not constant) the application will start throwing errors.
the value returned from the stored procedure will be
either null or some junk value. at this time, all the
queries to the database fails and we have to restart the
server mostly. but there are times when the problem will
get resolved by its own (say, after some 15 minutes).
this procedure is only a sample. Since this is the most
commonly used procedure, in the application during the
problem time, most of the errors are thrown by this
procedure.

Could some one help me out?

Thanks,
Lekshmi