SQLDataAdapter. ODBCDataAdapter etc. Habe they disappeared from .Net 2.0 Webforms

Rob Dob

SQLDataAdapter. ODBCDataAdapter etc. Have they disappeared from .Net 2.0
Webforms?

can somone please elaborate as I cannot seem to find support for these..

Carlos J. Quintero [VB MVP]

Hi Rob,

If you mean that they are not in the toolbox (I think that they do not
appear by default in VS 2005):

- Ensure that you have referenced System.Data
- Right-click on the toolbox, "Add/Remove Items..." and select the data
adapters from the list.

--

Best regards,

Carlos J. Quintero

MZ-Tools: Productivity add-ins for Visual Studio .NET, VB6, VB5 and VBA
You can code, design and document much faster.
Free resources for add-in developers:
http://www.mztools.com

Rob Dob

Hi,

What I meant to say was by default the SQLDataAdapter is not being added to
the toolbox, however if I add it in via "Add new item" then it appears,
when I try to use it I need to first flip into "View Component Designer"
from there I drag my SQLDataAdapter onto the form, and go through the
wizard, I then have to manually add an Initialize() within my Form_Load(),
everything compiles fine, no error, however when I run my application it
Blows up with a System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException,

Please not that if I only select a couple fields within my SQL query then
the program does not bomb.. when I further investigated this I see that it
is putting the lengthy select statements into a resource that it for some
reason doesn't seem to know it has at runtime... The two statements that it
seems to be adding to it when the select strings are longer are:

private void Initialize()

{

System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager resources = new
System.ComponentModel.ComponentResourceManager(typeof(articles_wanted));

this.sqlCommand2.CommandText =
resources.GetString("sqlCommand2.CommandText"); // this is where the error
occurs, apparently it is not loading the component resource

This is why I figured that Microsoft had dropped support, I do notice that
the docs still say its supported and that it not marked as being
obsolete..., However this error is becoming a real bother as I am working
with a vs2003 application which has been converted into the vs2005
environment..

I have tried performing the exact same steps within a regular winform and is
too creates the resource file, but everything runs correctly...

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

If you have a moment maybe you could try the same on your end, creating a
sample project, I'm sure it will fail,, and if it doesn't then maybe you
could zip it up and send it to me and I will try it on this end.. I have
also tried loading VS2005 and retrying the same steps on a fresh machine...

thanks.