SqlDataSourceControl and AdventureWorks database

Guest

Hello

I am trying to use the SqlDaaSource wizard to populate my GridView. If I let
the wizard generate the SQL, then I get an "Invalid object name" error - the
obbject being the table name (Prodcuts) in my case.

This error happens because the AdventureWorks tables belong to Schemas that
the SqlDataSoruce wizard ignores i.e. does not generate the correct SQL.

Anyone have a fix for this problem?

Thanks

Lloyd Sheen

Amir said:
Hello

I am trying to use the SqlDaaSource wizard to populate my GridView. If I
let
the wizard generate the SQL, then I get an "Invalid object name" error -
the
obbject being the table name (Prodcuts) in my case.

This error happens because the AdventureWorks tables belong to Schemas
that
the SqlDataSoruce wizard ignores i.e. does not generate the correct SQL.

Anyone have a fix for this problem?

Thanks

You will have to go into the code created by the SQLDataSource and append
the schema to the table name. This is unfortunately the new QA provided by
MS in their new products.

Lloyd Sheen

Guest

Hi Lloyd

Thanks for the reply. That's what I have been doing.

And Microsoft wonders why people are moving to OpenSource! Instead of
"innovating" with new products, they ought to fix their existing ones.

Amir