SQLHelper Class problem : For Gregory A. Beamer

Rajesh Madhra

Hi Gregory
Thanks for your answer. I did not see any attached file so I copied your
text into a text file and named it compiler.bat
Checked the wrapped lines and runned the file. It said Dataset, Datareader
and some other things are not defined. So I entered the :

Imports Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data
Imports system
Imports system.data
Imports System.Data.SqlClient
Imports System.xml

into the SQLHelper.vb file and tried again. This time it says that
ArgumentNullException is not defined.
I uninstalled the version2 and then downloaded and installed version1,
because there is no ArgumentNullException in version1's SQLHelper.vb file.
Corrected compiler.bat file by Removing v2 from ...\Data Access v2\... and
runned it but nothing happens.
Any idea what I am doing wrong ?

If you will attach a file, i would like to get it on (e-mail address removed),
because on the site I did not see any attachment.

Thanks for your help
Madhra

Re: SQLHelper Class problem
From: Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)
Date Posted: 7/16/2003 1:44:00 PM

The problem is with references to other classes.

Here is a script for The Data Block v2 with Framework 1.1 (.NET 2003).
Either copy the code below (watching line wraps) into a text file and place
in, or copy the attached file to:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Data Access
v2\Code\VB\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data

Then, run the .bat file and you can compile the SQLHelper class into the
proper DLL. You can then reference this DLL in your /bin folder for your
site.

REM ================================================================
REM
REM Data Access Compile Script
REM Date: 07/16/2003
REM Author: Gregory A. Beamer
REM
REM Uncomment version 1 if you are compiling it
REM NOTE: You may have to change Windows to WINNT (Windows 2000)
REM
REM ================================================================

REM *****************************
REM Alter Path
REM *****************************

PATH=c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Common7\IDE;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\VC7\BIN;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Common7\Tools;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Common7\Tools\bin\prerelease;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
...NET 2003\Common7\Tools\bin;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\SDK\v1.1\bin;c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322;C:\WINDOWS\sy
stem32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\Program Files\Common
Files\OpSession\Shared;C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpSession\Viewer
Shared;;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Data Access
v2\Code\VB\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framewo
rk\v1.1.4322;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Data
Access
v2\Code\VB\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framewo
rk\v1.1.4322

PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Data
Access
v2\Code\VB\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framewo
rk\v1.1.4322;C:\Program Files\MicrosoftApplication Blocks for .NET\Data
Access v2\Code\VB\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data

REM Compile the Application Block

vbc.exe /r:System.dll /r:System.Data.dll /r:System.xml.dll /t:library
/nologo /out:Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.dll SqlHelper.vb