SQLHelper class problem : To Gregory A. Beamer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rajesh Kumar, Jul 18, 2003.

  1. Rajesh Kumar

    Rajesh Kumar Guest

    Hi Gregory
    Thanks for your answer. I did not see any attached file so I copied your
    text into a text file and named it compiler.bat
    Checked the wrapped lines and runned the file. It said Dataset,
    Datareader and some other things are not defined. So I entered the :

    Imports Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data
    Imports system
    Imports system.data
    Imports System.Data.SqlClient
    Imports System.xml

    into the SQLHelper.vb file and tried again. This time it says that
    ArgumentNullException is not defined.
    I uninstalled the version2 and then downloaded and installed version1,
    because there is no ArgumentNullException in version1's SQLHelper.vb
    file. Corrected compiler.bat file by Removing v2 from ...\Data Access
    v2\... and runned it but nothing happens.
    Any idea what I am doing wrong ?

    If you will attach a file, i would like to get it on ,
    because on the site I did not see any attachment.

    Thanks for your help
    Madhra

    Re: SQLHelper Class problem
    From: Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)
    Date Posted: 7/16/2003 1:44:00 PM

    The problem is with references to other classes.

    Here is a script for The Data Block v2 with Framework 1.1 (.NET 2003).
    Either copy the code below (watching line wraps) into a text file and
    place
    in, or copy the attached file to:

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Data Access
    v2\Code\VB\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data

    Then, run the .bat file and you can compile the SQLHelper class into the
    proper DLL. You can then reference this DLL in your /bin folder for your
    site.

    REM ================================================================
    REM
    REM Data Access Compile Script
    REM Date: 07/16/2003
    REM Author: Gregory A. Beamer
    REM
    REM Uncomment version 1 if you are compiling it
    REM NOTE: You may have to change Windows to WINNT (Windows 2000)
    REM
    REM ================================================================

    REM *****************************
    REM Alter Path
    REM *****************************

    PATH=c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    2003\Common7\IDE;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    2003\VC7\BIN;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    2003\Common7\Tools;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    2003\Common7\Tools\bin\prerelease;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
    Studio
    ..NET 2003\Common7\Tools\bin;c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
    .NET
    2003\SDK\v1.1\bin;c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322;C:\WINDOW
    S\sy
    stem32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    SQL
    Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\Program Files\Common
    Files\OpSession\Shared;C:\Program Files\Common Files\OpSession\Viewer
    Shared;;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322;C:\Program
    Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Data Access
    v2\Code\VB\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Fra
    mewo
    rk\v1.1.4322;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Data
    Access
    v2\Code\VB\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Fra
    mewo
    rk\v1.1.4322

    PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET\Data
    Access
    v2\Code\VB\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Fra
    mewo
    rk\v1.1.4322;C:\Program Files\MicrosoftApplication Blocks for .NET\Data
    Access v2\Code\VB\Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data

    REM *****************************
    REM Compile the Application Block
    REM *****************************

    vbc.exe /r:System.dll /r:System.Data.dll /r:System.xml.dll /t:library
    /nologo /out:Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.dll SqlHelper.vb

    Rajesh Kumar, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Rajesh Kumar

    samir1_84

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    You can get better and simple solution

    Hi I read one blog and it is better and simple solution anyone can do that ... thats followprogrammers.blogspot.com
    samir1_84, Nov 14, 2009