sqlite import error

achan

I recently bought a new PC runnning in XP. I downloaded and installed
PySqlite 0.4.3win32 for Python 2.3. My Python23/Lib/Site-Packages/SQlite/
now has files __init__.py and main.py.

However, running a script with "import sqlite" generated an error -
ImportError: No module named sqlite.

I tried running the file with PythonWin and Boa, but both failed.

Dennis Lee Bieber

achan fed this fish to the penguins on Tuesday 11 November 2003 23:00
pm:
I recently bought a new PC runnning in XP. I downloaded and installed
PySqlite 0.4.3win32 for Python 2.3. My
Python23/Lib/Site-Packages/SQlite/ now has files __init__.py and
main.py.

However, running a script with "import sqlite" generated an error -
ImportError: No module named sqlite.

sqlite != SQlite

Even though the Windows file system doesn't care about the case it may
be a case sensitive import. Make sure you use the exact case for the
module.

Uh, this is just a guess, I'm in linux currently so can't test (with a
dummy).