SqlMembershipProvider and applicationName

mazdotnet

Hi,

I just started using the new asp.net sqlMembershipProvider (users and
roles) which works great. However, I'm testing my application on
Windows XP and I'm getting different list of roles
(Roles.GetAllRoles()) when my application runs locally using

http://localhost/mysite/page1.aspx vs. http://localhost/page1.aspx

If I add roles to http://localhost/mysite/page1.aspx, I can't see them
in http://localhost/page1.aspx and vice versa even though it's the
application. I know this is dependant on applicationName in my
web.config file which is currently applicationName = 'mysite'. But for
my local testing I change 'Default Web Site' folder to the root of
http://localhost/mysite so that I can go from one page to another
easily by referencing pages relative to /.

Why is this happening? How can I run this on the production server? I
need to copy our entire database from production server on windows
2003 to Windows XP and work on it locally but if I can't see the data
then it's kind of useless. I know I'm missing something here :)

Thanks