SqlMembershipProvider deployment to shared hosting

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Piggy, Apr 7, 2008.

  1. Piggy

    Piggy Guest

    Hi all,

    This is the scenario:

    1.
    developed my site in local environment (IIS + SQL Server in my development
    domain). My site authentication is Form Authentication using the default
    AspNetSql providers:
    AspNetSqlMembershipProvider (Membership)
    AspNetSqlRoleProvider (Role)
    AspNetSqlProvider (Profile)

    Everything was fine!

    2.
    deploying the site to a shared hosting provider I noticed the "dbo" schema
    was forbidden to my account.
    Modified successfully the scripts to create the database objects in the
    'Msxxxxxx'
    schema (the schema assigned to my account).
    Modified successfully the connection strings.

    3.
    When I try to authenticate I get an error generated by the
    SqlMembershipProvider, stating: "Could not find stored procedure
    'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'. "
    I believe this is due to the fact the SqlMembershipProvider is trying to
    call the aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion by qualifying it with the schema
    [schema].[storedprocedure]

    My question is about how to troubleshoot this problem:
    1. can I override the database owner or schema in the SqlMembershipProvider
    (and in all the other providers) without having to implement a new Membership
    provider. Even inheriting from SqlMembershipProvider and overriding a few
    lines of code should be ok
    2. any other idea will be welcome

    Help will be greatly appreciated.

    Piggy, Apr 7, 2008