SQLOLEDB was unable to begin a distributed transaction

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by na, Dec 28, 2006.

  1. na

    na Guest

    My ASP.Net 2.0 web site has a Data.xsd schema. I just added a table
    adapter to the collection and configured it to use an existing SQL 2000
    stored proc. When I tried to preview data from the table adapter, I
    got "SQLOLEDB was unable to begin a distributed transaction" error.

    The stored proc joins SQL 2000 tables via three linked servers. The
    stored proc is declared on Win2003Host. Two of the linked servers
    (Win2003A, Win2003B) running on Windows 2003 Servers and one (Win2000C)
    running on a Windows 2000 Server. All the Win2003s have the Component
    Serverices "Enable network DTC access" checked and properly configured.
    The stored proc also runs fine in SQL Server management Studio. If I
    remove the table from the Windows 2000 Server, then everything is fine.
    Does anyone know how to configure SQL2000 in a mix Windows 2000 and
    Windows 20003 join? Thanks. Happy New Year.

    Here is my test stored proc on Win2003Host:

    set ANSI_NULLS ON
    set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
    GO

    ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[procCompareAuthors]
    AS
    BEGIN
    SET XACT_ABORT ON
    SET NOCOUNT ON

    select A.*, c.*
    from [win2003A].[pubs].dbo.authors A
    full outer join [win2003B].pubs.dbo.titleauthor B on A.au_id = B.au_id
    full outer join [Win2000C].pubs.dbo.titles C on B.title_id = C.
    title_id

    END
    na, Dec 28, 2006