    I am using xp.and my user was deleted. I create new user.But now my database
    seem suspect.How can I get back my database

    Thanks..
    Selen, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Selen

    Keith Guest

    Users are not represented by names inside either Active
    Directory or in your case the local Security Accounts
    Manager (SAM). Everything is represented by a unique
    GUID. When you deleted your account, you really deleted
    it forever unless you backed up your system settings
    using backup. To solve your SQL Server problem though,
    login to your machine as Administrator or an
    Administrator equivalent user and change the settings for
    the SQL Server database Services to logon using your new
    account. They are going to be pointing unfortunately to
    some GUID which used to be your account. There are at
    least three services from SQL Server: SQLServerAgent,
    MSSQLServer and the Distributed Transaction Coordinator.
    Access the services by going to Start -> Control Panel ->
    Administrative Tools -> Services. Look through the list,
    click on the service names and modify the logon tab.

    Keith, Feb 1, 2004