SQLServer session state

does anybody know how (if possible) to change the database name for the
session database (which is ASPState)?

My problem is that our website/sqlserverdb is hosted by an isp, and we are
not alone (on the server)

Regards,

Agge

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Agge,

Yes, it's possible. See this article:

820782 Select a Database Name When You Use a SQL Server Session State in
ASP.NET
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820782

You will have to call us for the fix. The number is (800) 936-5800.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

Thanks,

I've just called my local ms office to get the fix...

The KB article states the problem only under .net 1.0?
Should i have been resolved?

I'am running .net 1.1 (vs.net 2003) on my client machine (XP - local
webserver), but i cant get it working (without fix).

Agge

From: "A" <[email protected]>
Subject: SQLServer session state
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:51:42 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

Hi,

does anybody know how (if possible) to change the database name for the
session database (which is ASPState)?

My problem is that our website/sqlserverdb is hosted by an isp, and we are
not alone (on the server)

Regards,

Agge

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Agge,

The fix is only for 1.0. It looks like we have a fix for 1.1, but we
haven't packaged it yet. I have pinged the dev to see about getting it
packaged.

If you can send me an e-mail (leave off the "online"), I will respond to
you privately with status.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------
Subject: Re: SQLServer session state

From: "A" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:51:42 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

Hi,

does anybody know how (if possible) to change the database name for the
session database (which is ASPState)?

My problem is that our website/sqlserverdb is hosted by an isp, and we are
not alone (on the server)

Regards,

Agge

I tried to install the fix on my own machine, but it failed (XP .net 1.1)
I then tried to install on a old server (win2k .net 1.0), it worked fine...
But i want to be able to test on my own machine (support for
allowCustomSqlDatabase attibute in web.config)

If any body has an idea or knows how to "hack" it, please write back

Agge

From: "A" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:51:42 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

Hi,

does anybody know how (if possible) to change the database name for the
session database (which is ASPState)?

My problem is that our website/sqlserverdb is hosted by an isp, and we are
not alone (on the server)

Regards,

Agge

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Agge,

You can't hack it. This is a fix in the binaries for ASP.NET.

Because I anticipated that you might be running 1.1, I talked to the dev
who wrote this fix and asked her about packaging this for 1.1. We have the
fix, but we just need to package it.

What you'll need to do is call us and open a case. We can provide you with
the hotfix.

Thanks.

Jim Cheshire, MCSE, MCSD [MSFT]
Developer Support
ASP.NET
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

From: "A" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:51:42 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

Hi,

does anybody know how (if possible) to change the database name for the
session database (which is ASPState)?

My problem is that our website/sqlserverdb is hosted by an isp, and we are
not alone (on the server)

Regards,

Agge

Hi Jim,

I talked to my local ms office and they would "look in to it", i'll send
them your reply (then they will know what to do).

Thanx alot...

Agge