SQLServer Session storage and multiple sites

Dave Wright

Hi,

We have implemented a IIS NLB farm and would like to know if a SQL
Session database can be used to host multiple sites? As the entry in
web.config does not allow a database name to be specified it would mean
either multiple instances / servers if more than 1 site needed to store
session in a SQL database. As such I am guessing it will work but I would
like to confirm this.

Any info would be great

Cheers

Dave

Ashish

Dave said:
Hi,

We have implemented a IIS NLB farm and would like to know if a SQL
Session database can be used to host multiple sites? As the entry in
web.config does not allow a database name to be specified it would mean
either multiple instances / servers if more than 1 site needed to store
session in a SQL database. As such I am guessing it will work but I would
like to confirm this.

Any info would be great

Cheers

Dave

the database is created in the tempDB of the database and it will take
care of multiple sites, in other words one database server can take care
of multiple worker processes on multiple machines

Corey O'Mara

Yes, SQL Session DB can handle multiple instances and sites without a
problem.

Framework v1.1 provides both Install_SQLState.sql and
InstallPersist_SQLState.sql the different being using tempdb (volatile
storage) vs. ASPState database (durable storage).

.NET Follower

hi,
this is amit
we r into rnd phase of