    We also used bcp of sqlserver and same problem there too.
    is there anything that needs to be done on perl or sqlserver or mysql.

    thanks
    DBA.9999, May 3, 2010

  2. DBA.9999

    Uri Guttman Guest

    >>>>> "D9" == DBA 9999 <> writes:

    D9> we are copying a sqlserver 2005 data to mysql using perl dbd
    D9> (freetds for sql server and standard dbd/dbi for perl). We are
    D9> having problems with image column of a sql server table. this
    D9> contains jpeg data and the application can not view it on mysql
    D9> side. We also used bcp of sqlserver and same problem there too.
    D9> is there anything that needs to be done on perl or sqlserver or
    D9> mysql.

    i dunno freetds but why can't you use DBI for sqlserver too? also if you
    are writng the jpegs to/from flat files during this process, make sure
    you enable binmode on them. otherwise on winblows a newline char (sure
    to be found in images somewhere) will be converted to cr/lf and that
    will ruin the image data. without seeing code or your design i can't
    tell where you need to do this but it is a good guess.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, May 3, 2010

  3. DBA.9999

    DBA 9999 Guest

    In article <>, Uri Guttman says...

    > D9> we are copying a sqlserver 2005 data to mysql using perl dbd
    > D9> (freetds for sql server and standard dbd/dbi for perl). We are
    > D9> having problems with image column of a sql server table. this
    > D9> contains jpeg data and the application can not view it on mysql
    > D9> side. We also used bcp of sqlserver and same problem there too.
    > D9> is there anything that needs to be done on perl or sqlserver or
    > D9> mysql.
    >
    >i dunno freetds but why can't you use DBI for sqlserver too?

    Yes I am using perl DBI for sqlserver too (freetds is the DBD
    driver which makes possible to use it on unix). Basically
    it is fetchrow_array from sqlserver and pass that array to
    mysql.

    DBA 9999, May 3, 2010