SqlTransaction Record Not Found

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joe Rigley, Nov 11, 2005.

  1. Joe Rigley

    Joe Rigley Guest

    Hi All,

    I am using a SqlTransaction object to process a group of database insert /
    update statements on Sql Server 200 SP4 to complete a business process.

    Directly after the Commit method is issued, I perform a select on one of the
    tables that was inserted into during the SqlTransaction process.
    Unfortunately, the select statement does not return any data that was just
    inserted. I have checked the SQL statement syntax and it is valid. (I run
    it in the Query Analyzer afterwards and data is returned.) No error is
    being thrown either. It seems to be a timing issue because I will use the
    Query Analyzer with the same Sql Select statement and the data is returned.

    In the ASP / ADO .NET code, I have tried using the same db connection object
    that the SqlTransaction object used as well as a new one and that made no
    difference. I am using a new command object and attempt to pull the row of
    data back with a SqlDataReader.

    Does any one know why I this is happening? Any and all advice would
    appreciated.

    Thanks,
    -Joe
    Joe Rigley, Nov 11, 2005