SQLXML: error loading XSL stylesheet (A security error occurred)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Y2FtcHdlcw==?=, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Hey, all! We're having trouble displaying SQL Server data in a web site as
    XML, using a transform. The query is a simple SELECT statement. When
    running the query, we get the following error from the web site:

    <error>
    [COMException (0x80004005): SQLXML: error loading XSL stylesheet (A security
    error occurred
    )]

    Microsoft.Data.SqlXml.Common.ISQLXMLCommandManagedInterface.ExecuteToOutputStream() +0
    Microsoft.Data.SqlXml.SqlXmlCommand.innerExecute(Stream strm) +137

    [SqlXmlException: SQLXML: error loading XSL stylesheet (A security error
    occurred
    )]
    Microsoft.Data.SqlXml.SqlXmlCommand.innerExecute(Stream strm) +178
    Microsoft.Data.SqlXml.SqlXmlCommand.ExecuteToStream(Stream outputStream)
    +10
    UATPWebApplication.QueryResults.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    </error>

    There are 2 servers in an NLB config. WS1 works fine (no error), but WS2
    doesn't.

    I've searched and searched, but I'm not able to find a similar error neither
    in the newsgroups, nor Google. Any help is appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2FtcHdlcw==?=, Oct 26, 2004

  2. SOLUTION! The error was being caused by my SSL certificate - access to our
    XSL sheets required SSL. I replaced the SSL cert, and now all is good!

    Thanks to everyone who... wait! I solved it MYSELF!!!

    Not bitter at all,

    campwes

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2FtcHdlcw==?=, Oct 29, 2004