SQRT in VHDL

Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am trying to implement a sqaure root algoritme for integers in VHDL. I have found some cores that can do it, but I would like to write the code myself.

One way is to make it iterative, but I have seen examples of concurrent systems, which work great. I just can't found out how they work :)

One of them is here http://www.csee.umbc.edu/help/VHDL/samples/samples.shtml#sqrt32. Does anyone know where to find some teory about the way this work?

Best regards, and thanks in advance
Christoffer