  1. Marcin

    Marcin Guest

    But I must use only stadnard C!
    Marcin, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Marcin <> scribbled the following:
    > But I must use only stadnard C!

    Then you've come to the right place.

    "I am lying."
    - Anon
    Joona I Palaste, Jan 28, 2005

  3. Marcin

    Dirk Feytons Guest

    Marcin wrote:
    > But I must use only stadnard C!

    Check sqrt() from <math.h>.

    --
    Dirk

    (PGP keyID: 0x448BC5DD - http://www.gnupg.org - http://www.pgp.com)

    ..oO° There's no place like 127.0.0.1 °Oo.
    Dirk Feytons, Jan 28, 2005
  4. Marcin

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    (Marcin) writes:

    > But I must use only stadnard C!

    sqrt() *is* standard C.

    What is your real problem?
    --
    "Some people *are* arrogant, and others read the FAQ."
    --Chris Dollin
    Ben Pfaff, Jan 28, 2005
  5. Marcin

    osmium Guest

    "Marcin" writes:

    > But I must use only stadnard C!

    IIRC this thread tells you what to do. Write your own big number routine
    and use Newton's method. There is nothing there that precludes the use of
    standard C. What's your problem?
    osmium, Jan 28, 2005
  6. Gregory Toomey, Jan 29, 2005
  7. Marcin

    Richard Bos Guest

    "osmium" <> wrote:

    > "Marcin" writes:
    >
    > > But I must use only stadnard C!

    > IIRC this thread tells you what to do.

    What thread? _This_ thread starts with the post you're replying to.
    There was no References header in that post.

    Richard
    Richard Bos, Jan 31, 2005
  8. Marcin

    osmium Guest

    "Richard Bos" writes:

    > "osmium" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Marcin" writes:
    >>
    >> > But I must use only stadnard C!

    >> IIRC this thread tells you what to do.

    > What thread? _This_ thread starts with the post you're replying to.
    > There was no References header in that post.

    You are correct, sir! But there was an earlier thread titled <sqrt
    precision?!> from a guy named Marcin and this one was also by Marcin and
    dealt with a vaguely similar subject. And, IIRC, the earlier thread told
    him what to do. I encapsulated what I thought the best advise was in my
    full post.
    osmium, Jan 31, 2005
  9. Marcin

    CBFalconer Guest

    osmium wrote:
    > "Richard Bos" writes:

    >>> IIRC this thread tells you what to do.

    >> What thread? _This_ thread starts with the post you're replying to.
    >> There was no References header in that post.

    > You are correct, sir! But there was an earlier thread titled <sqrt
    > precision?!> from a guy named Marcin and this one was also by Marcin
    > and dealt with a vaguely similar subject. And, IIRC, the earlier
    > thread told him what to do. I encapsulated what I thought the best
    > advise was in my full post.

    Put the blame where it belongs - on the ridiculous brain dead
    google interface without quotes and without references. I suggest
    selling their stock short - they seem to have suddenly lost their
    technical capability and even the ability to correct that.

    CBFalconer, Jan 31, 2005
  10. Richard Bos wrote:
    > "osmium" <> wrote:

    >>IIRC this thread tells you what to do.

    > What thread? _This_ thread starts with the post you're replying to.
    > There was no References header in that post.

    Whachutalkin'bout, Willis?

    --
    To the Republic Party:
    "..[N]othing could be more ill-judged than that intolerant spirit which
    Martin Ambuhl, Jan 31, 2005
  11. Marcin

    Alan Balmer Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:41:40 -0500, Martin Ambuhl
    <> wrote:

    >Richard Bos wrote:
    >> "osmium" <> wrote:

    >>>IIRC this thread tells you what to do.

    >> What thread? _This_ thread starts with the post you're replying to.
    >> There was no References header in that post.

    >Whachutalkin'bout, Willis?

    You need one more level of indirection ;-)

    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting
    Alan Balmer, Jan 31, 2005
  12. Marcin

    Richard Bos Guest

    Martin Ambuhl <> wrote:

    > Richard Bos wrote:
    > > "osmium" <> wrote:

    > >>IIRC this thread tells you what to do.

    > > What thread? _This_ thread starts with the post you're replying to.
    > > There was no References header in that post.

    > Whachutalkin'bout, Willis?

    That's the References header in osmium's post, which was correct, not in
    the post he replied to, which was (presumably) broken.

    Richard
    Richard Bos, Feb 1, 2005
  13. Marcin

    pete Guest

    pete, Feb 4, 2005
  14. Marcin

    pete Guest

    CBFalconer wrote:

    > osmium wrote:

    > >> What thread? _This_ thread starts with the post you're replying to.
    > >> There was no References header in that post.

    > > You are correct, sir! But there was an earlier thread titled <sqrt
    > > precision?!> from a guy named Marcin and this one was also by Marcin
    > > and dealt with a vaguely similar subject. And, IIRC, the earlier
    > > thread told him what to do. I encapsulated what I thought the best
    > > advise was in my full post.

    > Put the blame where it belongs - on the ridiculous brain dead
    > google interface without quotes and without references. I suggest
    > selling their stock short - they seem to have suddenly lost their
    > technical capability and even the ability to correct that.

    Is this old style google any better?

    http://groups.google.co.uk/
    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=comp.lang.c

    --