Squid perl and LDAP Groups

BerkHolz, Steven

I have looked all over the net and have found very many references to LDAP
Group lookup for Squid-cache, but have been unable to get any to work.

Does anyone have a working perl script that accepts a name and password
(from Squid Proxy Request) and can look in the MemberOf attribute and match
a group in MS AD 2003?

If so, I would greatly appreciate a copy.

I think it should work like:

perl ldapperlscript.pl "cn=TheGroupIamCheckingFor,dc=MyDomain,dc=com" then
std-in would submit proxyusername (space) proxypassword.
The script verify the auth of proxyisername via the password, then lookup
the attribute of "MemberOf" looking for the first arg sent to the script.

As far as I know, Squid looks of output of "OK", but I may be mistaken.

--
Steven BerkHolz
Send to Domain TESCOGroup dot com, username SB

Note: you may also want to know that you should never send mail to:
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)