Sr. Architect - NYC - Opportunity

Timothy B

Senior Developer

Must be proficient in Python, expert preferred
Must have one large scale public web project in their portfolio,
preferably startup experience
Must be able to develop with certain architectural considerations in
mind at all times, such as: multilingual text, runtime efficiency in a
very high load environment, file mgmt in a clustered environment, etc
Must be self-motivated and eager to utilize the existing team's
business knowledge to advance their own knowledge. We don't want
anyone who wants to squirrel themselves away and read code alone all
day. We need to be as efficient as possible in knowledge sharing in
order to keep the code generation rate high.
Must be able to manage time efficiently among multiple projects.
These tech requirements should be implicit in the criteria above, but
nonetheless are imperative:
OO design
SQL including indexing and query tuning
AJAX, including APIs like Google Maps
RSS and XML feeds in general. We deal with a lot of third party feeds
that love to use XML.
DHTML with CSS and Javascript
Working knowledge of subversion, including branching and merging
Must be able to configure a LAMP development environment (If you can
do one, you can do them all. In our case "LAMP" means FreeBSD, Apache,
MySQL, Webware for Python)

Please contact: (e-mail address removed)