Sr. Front end developer with Ajax

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by RK, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. RK

    RK Guest

    Req. ID: Req-0349 - Sr. Ajax Front end Developer
    Primary Skills: Ajax, XHTML, CSS, Document Object Model, XML, XSLT and
    JavaScript , J2EE
    with minimum eight years overall and five years experience in Java/J2EE
    technologies. This is a potential long term project.

    Senior Level front developer with (Very) advanced skills in Ajax, and
    must have very good skills and experience in XHTML and CSS; Document
    Object Model; XML, XSLT, JavaScript

    Candidates must have strong front end development experience.

    Must have worked in large scale Enterprise level projects.

    Must have worked for longer duration in the projects (Say atleast more
    than an year).

    It is a great plus point if the candidate has worked on time and
    attendance related projects and/or with clients like Kronos, Workbrain
    etc dealing with time and attendance products.

    Rate: Open, Job Type: Contract, Total Exp: 8 Yrs, US Exp: 5
    Yrs, Start Date: ASAP, Duration: 6-12 Months, Number Of Openings:
    1, Location: New York, NY
    Respond to this requirement.

    Best Regards

    Ravi Revuri
    technodyne, llc
    973-305-0400 x 216 (W)
    973-960-9415(C)
    973-305-0404(F)
    Reply to:

    RK, Mar 24, 2006

  2. RK

    Jim Ley Guest

    On 24 Mar 2006 09:03:56 -0800, "RK" <> wrote:

    Not a bad effort, well done to get most of the details in there,
    couple of things missing one requirements on visa, and phone numbers
    that actually work, but perhaps most importantly you seemed to forget
    the rate...

    Well done with the agent name and phone number though.

    Why do US job adverts never mention the rate? how do people know if
    it's worth applying?

    Jim.

    Jim Ley, Mar 24, 2006

  3. RK

    Martyr2 Guest

    They do it because they want a chance to low ball you on pay. They
    don't tell you, see what you want as rate (which is quite often below
    what they are willing to pay) and that way they save cash. However, I
    have to question any company who starts advertising short term work,
    with that level of requirements, through a newsgroup. Respectable
    companies usually have connections already in the industry and can find
    experienced applicants with just a few postings with in trade
    magazines, publications, and through other companies.

    If the phone numbers don't work, like you suggested, that is also
    another clue that perhaps it is not all on the up-and-up. Watch
    yourself.

    Martyr2, Mar 24, 2006
  4. RK

    Jim Ley Guest

    On 24 Mar 2006 09:33:48 -0800, "Martyr2" <> wrote:

    >They do it because they want a chance to low ball you on pay. They
    >don't tell you, see what you want as rate (which is quite often below
    >what they are willing to pay) and that way they save cash.

    So you're saying that such senior contractors are not in the position
    of power here? how very odd, I'm amazed there's such a surplus in new
    york, there's not elsewhere.

    > However, I
    >have to question any company who starts advertising short term work,
    >with that level of requirements, through a newsgroup.

    Ignoring the fact that advertising isn't welcome in this group, a
    newsgroup is a good way of finding people - job agencys are actually
    very poor at matching candidates who are not looking to move - the
    people on their books are people looking to move.

    Trade magazines ceased to be relevant in this industry a long time ago
    - I doubt most people here could even name one, let alone subscribe.

    If you cannot fill the position through personal contacts, then I'd
    say a newsgroup would not be a bad place to try - if they welcomed
    adverts of course.

    >If the phone numbers don't work, like you suggested,

    Well they do work of course, the numbers just don't mention the
    country, kind of essential in a global environment.

    Jim.

    Jim Ley, Mar 24, 2006
  5. In article <>, RK
    <> writes

    <snip>
    >Ravi Revuri
    >technodyne, llc
    >973-305-0400 x 216 (W)
    >973-960-9415(C)
    >973-305-0404(F)
    >Reply to:

    To answer Jim's comment, notice that one phone number is in centigrade
    and the other's in fahrenheit. There's international.

    John
    --
    John Harris

    John G Harris, Mar 24, 2006