Sr. Web Hosting Administrator/.NET Development

Ivan

Searching for a Sr. Web Hosting Administrator/.NET Development
Support Professional to work with Fortune 500 company and industry
leader.
They offer a competitive base salary, annual bonus and a comprehensive
benefits
package. This company has been listed several times in "The 100 Best
Places to Work in IT", by Computer Weekly magazine.

Locations: Tustin, CA (Preferred) but we would consider candidates
from Atlanta, Miami, Woodbury (St. Paul, MN) and Milwaukee. No
relocation expenses available for this position.

70% of work will be setup/troubleshoot/admin of Microsoft IIS Server
ver 6 (in the process of upgrading to 7) including setting up
applications and working with developers.
20% of work will be supporting Apache web servers including load
balancing, troubleshooting of web services, managing internet
protocols, etc.
10% of work will be supporting the .NET development team (helpful to
have Java) .

You will provide planning, implementation and support for a subset of
the Web Hosting infrastructure utilized by hundreds of applications
across many sites. All of the functions consist of complex hardware
and software configurations and interact regularly with other
functions across the company. (Network, Security, Infrastructure,
Procurement, Helpdesks, applications, etc.) You will also provide
development support to .NET developers both in the US and Ireland.

Qualifications

• Completion of Bachelor's degree in MIS, CS, Technical
Certification, etc. and/or 5+ years of experience
• Strong IIS 6 and 7 and Windows Server 2003 skills
• .NET Framework installation and performance tuning
• Experience in developing and debugging complex ASP.NET web
applications
• Experience in developing .NET Windows applications such as
console applications or Windows services
• Basic understanding of SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2 Database
clients. As well as basic query syntax
• General understanding of TCP/IP networks, HTTP, and DNS
technologies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of web applications and infrastructure
• Strong knowledge of distributed systems
• Experience in application architecture, design, and development
a plus

Kindly forward your inquiry to, careers @jiassoiciates.com.

Scott M.

These newsgroups are not for job solicitations. It is highly inapproprate
and anyone serious enough about development should know that.

Monster.com and CareerBuilder.com are the places for that.

-Scott

[...]

Gregory A. Beamer

Kindly stop spamming these newsgroups...

Not going to happen, as many of these guys are way too lazy to do it
right.

I am finding more and more companies hiring visaed employees and having
them cull boards. They then try to subcontract the work. If they get a
bite, they spam everywhere to get talent. Then, they offer really low
rates. The "scam" works like this:

Client pays $75
Contracting Company $8
Subcontract Company $38
Contractor $30

They don't get many hits, but when they are making the bulk of the money
calling and spamming, why change. All they need is a few hits a week to
make a killing.

Peace and Grace,

Ivan

Kindly stop spamming these newsgroups...

1) Have never considered a job posting as SPAM, but apologize for any
inconvenience the psoting may have caused.
2) Purposely checked all posting policies and rules. Did not see
anything that discouraged genuine career opportunities.

J. Ivan Escalera

Ivan

To: Those who feel this posting was either inappropriate or SPAM.

1) First and foremost, we apologize for any inconvenience caused to
anyone by this post.
2) We specifically checked all terms, conditions and rules for posting
prior to starting this post. We found nothing barring this topic.
3) We are an executive search firm and an American corporation, based
right here in the good old United States.
4) This is a very real direct hire position, with a very real Fortune
500 company. We require no money or investments of any kind. You may
note that we encouraged an inquiry. We have not requested resumes or
any other type of personal information.

So we would respectfully request that those with no interest in this
opportunity just ignore the post and allow those that do find value in
this, participate freely.

Ivan

Never in a million years did we expect such a negative reaction to
what we thought would be a positive message.

1) We have had respondents, so this was obviously helpful to someone.
(That is other than you.)
2) I find it surprising that someone so passionate about his or her
news group does not know where to find the terms of service, which are
posted on the bottom of every page.
3) The pride with which I mention that we are an American company was
posted to refute another of your passionate members who described an
intricate plot utilizing "visaed employees".
4) Does it not seem logical that you would seek help in a user group
whose interest is in the discipline you are looking for?

Finally, why would a genuine job opportunity in this trying economy
bother you so much? I understand and am also bothered by spammers.
However, this post was clear, detailed and included contact
information. It left very little room for doubt as to the type of
position, location, actual job description. etc.

Are you afraid that we might actually help someone?

As with any post, you will have trolls, spammers and dissenters.
However, you will and in this case do have interested and serious
professionals. The post will probably be removed if we continue to see
the misunderstandings and unsolicited negative postings. It will not
be removed just because someone disagrees with the content, unless
deemed inappropriate by the Group Administrator or Google.

So again, we would respectfully request that those with no interest in
this opportunity just ignore the post and allow those that do find
value in
this information, participate and enjoy.

J. Ivan Escalera
J. Ivan & Associates, Inc.

Ivan

Thank you for your comments and for voicing your opinion. We always
welcome the spirited discussion. However, we will have to agree to
disagree, as further discussion seems fruitless. We are certain you
will find many other topics in these newsgroups of greater interest to
you and once again apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Ivan

I can see no positive coming from this discussion at this point and
quite frankly have no time to continue dealing with the harrassment.

Ironic that repeatedly posting negative comments could indeed be
called spam. Yet, we post a legitimate job opening, not a solicitation
of any kind, just an honest job opening and you accuse us of
spamming.

The original post has been deleted. Let everyone else judge for
themselves.

There will be no further communications on this discussion.

Scott M.

"Ivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
1) Have never considered a job posting as SPAM, but apologize for any
inconvenience the psoting may have caused.
2) Purposely checked all posting policies and rules. Did not see
anything that discouraged genuine career opportunities.
J. Ivan Escalera

I guess you didn't search that hard:

http://www.microsoft.com/library/gallery/components/wn/3/locales/help/help_en-US.htm#RulesofConduct

"Advertising/Solicitation: These communities were created as a forum for
providing peer-to-peer assistance on Microsoft products and services. We ask
that you refrain from posting advertisements or solicitations that do not
pertain directly to the intended use and purpose of the newsgroup or chat."

How does your job posting provide "peer-to-peer assistance on Microsoft
products and services"?

It doesn't. It's spam.

-Scott

Scott M.

Ivan said:
To: Those who feel this posting was either inappropriate or SPAM.

[...]

We respectfully request you do a litle more homework in investigating the
purpose of these newsgroups and abide by those rules of conduct.

-Scott

Scott M.

Never in a million years did we expect such a negative reaction to
what we thought would be a positive message.

1) We have had respondents, so this was obviously helpful to someone.
(That is other than you.)
2) I find it surprising that someone so passionate about his or her
news group does not know where to find the terms of service, which are
posted on the bottom of every page.
If you are using a newsreader (as a very large percentage of people do)
there is no "page" to look at. I find it surprising that someone
supposedly informed about IT doesn't know that.

3) The pride with which I mention that we are an American company was
posted to refute another of your passionate members who described an
intricate plot utilizing "visaed employees".
4) Does it not seem logical that you would seek help in a user group
whose interest is in the discipline you are looking for?
Not when the group is designed for technical assistance and not job
opportunities.

Finally, why would a genuine job opportunity in this trying economy
bother you so much? I understand and am also bothered by spammers.
However, this post was clear, detailed and included contact
information. It left very little room for doubt as to the type of
position, location, actual job description. etc.

Are you afraid that we might actually help someone?
No, it that posts like yours dillute the purpose of these groups and take
away from their stated purpose. There are plenty of places for your
advertisement. This isn't it.

As with any post, you will have trolls, spammers and dissenters.
However, you will and in this case do have interested and serious
professionals. The post will probably be removed if we continue to see
the misunderstandings and unsolicited negative postings. It will not
be removed just because someone disagrees with the content, unless
deemed inappropriate by the Group Administrator or Google.
I'm reading this post in "microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet", not
Google. These groups are overseen by Microsoft and I have already posted
the link to their stated rules of conduct, which your posts clearly
violate.

So again, we would respectfully request that those with no interest in
this opportunity just ignore the post and allow those that do find
value in
this information, participate and enjoy.
And, again, we would respectfully request that you not tell us what the
group is for and abide by Microsoft's definition of what these groups are
for.

-Scott

Scott M.

Ivan said:
Thank you for your comments and for voicing your opinion. We always
welcome the spirited discussion. However, we will have to agree to
disagree, as further discussion seems fruitless. We are certain you
will find many other topics in these newsgroups of greater interest to
you and once again apologize for any inconvenience caused.

There's nothing for you to disagree with:

Ivan said:
I can see no positive coming from this discussion at this point and
quite frankly have no time to continue dealing with the harrassment.

Ironic that repeatedly posting negative comments could indeed be
called spam. Yet, we post a legitimate job opening, not a solicitation
of any kind, just an honest job opening and you accuse us of
spamming.

The original post has been deleted. Let everyone else judge for
themselves.

There will be no further communications on this discussion.

http://www.microsoft.com/library/gallery/components/wn/3/locales/help/help_en-US.htm#RulesofConduct

Juan T. Llibre

Mark gave you a heads up. I'll give you a tip...

You might want to consider using the jobs forum over at forums.asp.net :

http://forums.asp.net/59.aspx

Job postings are more than welcome there...and the audience is qualified.

===============
Kindly stop spamming these newsgroups...

1) Have never considered a job posting as SPAM, but apologize for any
inconvenience the psoting may have caused.
2) Purposely checked all posting policies and rules. Did not see
anything that discouraged genuine career opportunities.

J. Ivan Escalera

Juan T. Llibre

Please drop the attitude. This is nothing personal.

It's just that this is not a newsgroup for job postings.
It's a newsgroup for peer-to-peer technical asistance.

As I just posted, you might want to consider using the jobs forum over at forums.asp.net :

[...]

Juan,

Was just wrapping up and caught your post. Let's not mince words here,
this guy did not just give a heads up, he went into full attack mode.
That said, thank you for your tip, you are obviously a professional.
We are new to these groups and are learning as we go along.

Again, thank you for the tip and we will look at those job boards.

J. Ivan Escalera

Juan T. Llibre

No sweat, Ivan.

Good luck on your search !