SRE (Simple Rule Engine)

Yahoo

GO TO http://sourceforge.net/projects/sdsre/ TO GET THE LATEST VERSION!!!

SRE (Simple Rule Engine) is a lightweight forward chaining inference rule
engine for .NET. Its 'simple' because of the simplicity in writing and
understanding the rules written in XML, but this 'simple' engine can solve
complex problems.

Source Code Included! Check it out.

Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]

There isn't any documentation to go along with this. Are you planning
on changing that?

Yahoo

Documentation is in the works, should be in the next minor version.

--
- Nicholas Paldino [.NET/C# MVP]
- (e-mail address removed)

Yahoo said:
GO TO http://sourceforge.net/projects/sdsre/ TO GET THE LATEST VERSION!!!

SRE (Simple Rule Engine) is a lightweight forward chaining inference rule
engine for .NET. Its 'simple' because of the simplicity in writing and
understanding the rules written in XML, but this 'simple' engine can
solve complex problems.

Source Code Included! Check it out.

Yahoo

Sure its possible to have a callback, it should probably do the callback
when an action is evaluated true rather than a rule being evaluated true;
also because you might want to have several actions. A question I have is
why does this make SRE easier to use? Cant you just look at the output from
the ROM after processing and do the same thing wrapped in a wrapper. I have
added a request in sourceforge.net (search under SRE) for the request.

Once a fact has a value it cannot take another value because this engine is
declaritive (just like XSLT is). Allowing for a simplified rule engine.
Remember that you have no guarantee which rule is going to run first!

Joe
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sdsre/