    Using OpenBSD with or without X & KDE?
    http://dfeustel.home.mindspring.com

    , Oct 8, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Where can I find info about using intrinsic
    > functions for SSE, SSE2, and SSE3 instructions
    > with gcc? Is there a URL?

    I would start by asking in a group dedicated to gcc, gnu.gcc and
    gnu.gcc.help spring to mind.

    Robert Gamble

    Robert Gamble, Oct 8, 2006

    Robert Gamble <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Where can I find info about using intrinsic
    >> functions for SSE, SSE2, and SSE3 instructions
    >> with gcc? Is there a URL?

    > I would start by asking in a group dedicated to gcc, gnu.gcc and
    > gnu.gcc.help spring to mind.
    >
    > Robert Gamble

    Thanks for the pointers.
    I found gcc has a file, xmmintrin.h, that defines a lot of intrinsics
    for SSE instructions.

  4. wrote:

    > Thanks for the pointers.
    > I found gcc has a file, xmmintrin.hthat defines a lot of intrinsics
    > for SSE instructions.

    If you add "-msse" to the gcc command line you should be
    able to use all the inline functions defined in the
    xmmintrin.h header file.

    However, this discussion would be better suited to the gnu.gcc.help
    newsgroup.

    Erik
    Erik de Castro Lopo
    "Every single Muslim is in danger of becoming a terrorist. All it
    takes is that he faces a crisis and seeks solace in his religion.
    Muslims are not born terrorists; they are good humans no different
    from the rest of us. They become terrorists when they seek their
    religion for spiritual guidance." --
    http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina50407.htm

    Erik de Castro Lopo, Oct 8, 2006