SSH Client for Cisco Components - written in Java

tobi

Hi,
I'm looking for a SSH-Client (free + written in Java) to access Cisco
Components. I have already tried a lot of different implementations but
no one works well with Cisco IOS.

Has anyone a idee?

Best regards,
tobi

tobi

sshtools don't suppport SSH V1.5
That is exactly the problem I am working on!
The packages I found (e.g. jta) have support of SSH V1.5 but they
didn't work.

Best regards,
tobi

iksrazal

Bummer!!! I had the same problem a couple years ago as referenced here:

http://groups.google.com.br/group/c...iksrazal+ssh&rnum=2&hl=pt-BR#fcda30ec231d6219

I did get far enough - before I was thankfully spared - to give some
advice.

My advice is the least worst solution - call a shell script from
runtime exec that supports ssh1. If you are allowed a blank password,
your life is much simpler. If not, you probably need to read up on
ssh-agent and keychain. Here's an article that helped me out:

http://www.freelinuxcdrom.com/LDP/LDP/LG/issue67/nazario2.html

Bottom line is programming SSH1 is probably best left to perl
programmers:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6602

And just call their script from runtime exec.

HTH,
iksrazal
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

castillo.bryan

I'm curious to know what packages you used and what didn't work about
them.
Care to post the packages and what errors you encountered?
Perhaps source code?

Betty

tobi said:
Hi,
I'm looking for a SSH-Client (free + written in Java) to access Cisco
Components. I have already tried a lot of different implementations but
no one works well with Cisco IOS.

Has anyone a idee?

Best regards,
tobi
I use putty, why does it have to be written in Java? Are you
not just using it? Do you plan to change it? How?

iksrazal

Seemingly the OP is looking for an API, or a way to complete a SSH
session programmatically, ie without a user typing in the info. SSH
makes that particularly difficult in earlier versions due to that an
ssh-agent is needed specifically to prevent that (think I read
somewhere that the latest versions of openssh have repsonded to the
problem). AFIK there is no open source Java API that support SSH V1 .

iksrazal

tobi

You are right, putty works quiet well.
But I need the source code to integrate it in my program ....

Steve Sobol

tobi said:
You are right, putty works quiet well.
But I need the source code to integrate it in my program ....

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty - the source code is
available on that site - but there are open-source Java ssh clients available
too and that might be a better place to start...

Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / (e-mail address removed) / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

tobi

which other open-source java ssh clients do you mean?

I'm concentrating on Mindterm now, because with its SSH Applet it was
possible to connect to Cisco components.
Has anyone any experience with Mindterm java programming?

Best regards
tobi

tobi

Hi,
Mindterm works with Cisco SSH V1.5.

But there is a problem to switch into the enable modus. So I have to
run more than 1 command as it is possible with the library.

Here is the code (parts of it):
SSHInteractiveClient client = new SSHInteractiveClient(true, true,
propsHandler);
client.doSingleCommand("show user");

Instead of "show user" the command "en" should be started. Then I have
to input the password and finally I can fire the command "show config".
Ok, sounds easy, but how can I handle these 3 commands in a serialized
way?

Best regards,
tobi

Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Have you found the solution, because i am also facing the same problem. please replyme back.