    how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
    commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
    greatz Johannes

    Schneider, Oct 25, 2012

  2. Schneider

    Roy Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    Schneider <> wrote:

    > Hi Folkz,
    > how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
    > commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
    > greatz Johannes

    At a low level, you want to look at the paramiko library. Built on top
    of that, and adding hoards of neat functionality, is fabric. One of
    these is likely to be what you're looking for.

    http://www.lag.net/paramiko/

    https://github.com/fabric/fabric

    Roy Smith, Oct 25, 2012

  3. On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:16:58 +0200, Schneider <> wrote:
    > how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
    > commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
    > greatz Johannes

    I've been using Twisted (twistedmatrix.com). It is especially
    convenient for the server end. Its organization is "event-driven",
    which you may or may not find convenient.

    Peter Pearson, Oct 25, 2012
  4. Re: SSH Connection with Python - Oops

    On 25 Oct 2012 16:55:46 GMT, Peter Pearson <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 12:16:58 +0200, Schneider <> wrote:
    >> how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some
    >> commands to the remote host and parse their answers.
    >> greatz Johannes

    > I've been using Twisted (twistedmatrix.com). It is especially
    > convenient for the server end. Its organization is "event-driven",
    > which you may or may not find convenient.

    Oops! The question was about SSH, and I was blathering about SSL.
    Sorry.

    Peter Pearson, Oct 26, 2012