    libraries or approaches?

    Thanks!
    James
    James Brady, Aug 11, 2008

  2. James Brady was kind enough to say:

    > Hi all,
    > I'm looking for a python library that lets me execute shell commands
    > on remote machines.
    >
    > I've tried a few SSH utilities so far: paramiko, PySSH and pssh;
    > unfortunately all been unreliable, and repeated questions on their
    > respective mailing lists haven't been answered...

    Twisted conch seems to be your last chance :)

    --
    Alan Franzoni <>
    -
    Alan Franzoni, Aug 11, 2008

  3. James Brady wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I'm looking for a python library that lets me execute shell commands
    > on remote machines.
    >
    > I've tried a few SSH utilities so far: paramiko, PySSH and pssh;
    > unfortunately all been unreliable, and repeated questions on their
    > respective mailing lists haven't been answered...
    >
    > It seems like the sort of commodity task that there should be a pretty
    > robust library for. Are there any suggestions for alternative
    > libraries or approaches?

    Personally I just Popen ssh directly. Things like paramiko make me
    concerned; getting the SSH protocol right is tricky and not something I
    want to trust to projects that have not had significant experience and
    auditing.

    Kris
    Kris Kennaway, Aug 11, 2008
  4. James Brady