ssh2+checksum+ perl module ?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by zeke03, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. zeke03

    zeke03 Guest

    Hello,

    I would like to work on ssh and checksum. In fact, this is what i would like to
    do :

    - chekcsum files to send on the local server
    - send files + checksum files by ssh (ssh2) to the distant server
    - connect to the distant server by ssh (the public key are ok) to do a checksum
    on the files which were send
    - compare the two checksums

    => so, my questions is : is there a perl module that allow such things ?!
    which one ?

    Thanks a lot !

    --
    Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
    This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

    http://forums.club-internet.fr/

    zeke03, Oct 30, 2003

  2. On 30 Oct 2003 15:57:55 GMT
    zeke03 <> wrote:
    > I would like to work on ssh and checksum. In fact, this is what i
    > would like to
    > do :
    >
    > - chekcsum files to send on the local server
    > - send files + checksum files by ssh (ssh2) to the distant server
    > - connect to the distant server by ssh (the public key are ok) to do
    > a checksum on the files which were send
    > - compare the two checksums
    >
    > => so, my questions is : is there a perl module that allow such
    > things ?!
    > which one ?

    Net::SSH and Net::SCP modules - for the ssh part of your post.

    Any one of the Digest modules _should_ fit the bill for the checksum.

    You can find other module to your liking by using the search on
    http://search.cpan.org/

    HTH

    --
    Jim

    for more information.

    a fortune quote ...
    "Nirvana? Thats the place where the powers that be and their
    <friends hang out. -- Zonker Harris

    James Willmore, Oct 31, 2003