sshd in python for windows 7

News123

Hi,

I wondered which modules would be best to perform following task:

A user uses a standard ssh (e.g. putty or openssh) client and performs
an ssh to a windows host

The windows host would run a python script acting as ssh server.

Instead of controlling a shell the user would directly have access to
stdin/stdout/stderr of another python script.

Another option would of course be to install a non python sshd for windows.

The only ssh server for windows, that I know is however a little heavy
as it is openssh under cygwin (and I only used it on XP hosts.)

I'm still not sure, whether python as sshd is a good choice or whether
any other sshd would be better.

bye

News123

Hi Jerry,

Jerry said:
The Twisted library has an sshd implementation, called conch. Here an
article with a simple python sshd built with twisted:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-twist4.html

Thanks. I'll check whether twisted conch runs also under windows.
Yesterday I made the probably too fast conclusion, that twisted conch
exists only for liux as I could only find a twisted-conch tarball and
not a windows installer.

But probably twisted-conch is already part of the twisted installer for
windows.
I'll check it.

News123

Hi Jerry,

Jerry said:
The Twisted library has an sshd implementation, called conch. Here an
article with a simple python sshd built with twisted:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-twist4.html

THanks a look at it in moe detail.
Yesterday I made the probably wrong assumption, that twisted-conch
exists only for linux as I just found a twisted-conch tarball.

Probably however twisted-conch is already part of the twisted windows
installer package I'll check this.