sshd in python for windows 7

Discussion in 'Python' started by News123, Feb 7, 2010.

  1. News123

    News123 Guest

    Hi,

    I wondered which modules would be best to perform following task:

    A user uses a standard ssh (e.g. putty or openssh) client and performs
    an ssh to a windows host

    The windows host would run a python script acting as ssh server.

    Instead of controlling a shell the user would directly have access to
    stdin/stdout/stderr of another python script.

    Another option would of course be to install a non python sshd for windows.

    The only ssh server for windows, that I know is however a little heavy
    as it is openssh under cygwin (and I only used it on XP hosts.)

    I'm still not sure, whether python as sshd is a good choice or whether
    any other sshd would be better.

    bye

    News123, Feb 7, 2010

  2. News123

    Jerry Hill Guest

    On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 7:07 PM, News123 <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I wondered which modules would be best to perform following task:
    >
    > A user uses a standard ssh (e.g. putty or openssh) client and performs
    > an ssh to a windows host
    >
    > The windows host would run a python script acting as ssh server.

    The Twisted library has an sshd implementation, called conch. Here an
    article with a simple python sshd built with twisted:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-twist4.html

    --
    Jerry
    Jerry Hill, Feb 7, 2010

  3. News123

    News123 Guest

    Hi Jerry,

    Jerry Hill wrote:
    > On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 7:07 PM, News123 <> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I wondered which modules would be best to perform following task:
    >>
    >> A user uses a standard ssh (e.g. putty or openssh) client and performs
    >> an ssh to a windows host
    >>
    >> The windows host would run a python script acting as ssh server.

    > The Twisted library has an sshd implementation, called conch. Here an
    > article with a simple python sshd built with twisted:
    > http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-twist4.html

    Thanks. I'll check whether twisted conch runs also under windows.
    Yesterday I made the probably too fast conclusion, that twisted conch
    exists only for liux as I could only find a twisted-conch tarball and
    not a windows installer.

    But probably twisted-conch is already part of the twisted installer for
    windows.
    I'll check it.
    News123, Feb 7, 2010
  4. News123

    News123 Guest

    Hi Jerry,

    News123, Feb 7, 2010
  5. News123

    News123 Guest

    Hi Jerry,

    Jerry Hill wrote:
    > On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 7:07 PM, News123 <> wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I wondered which modules would be best to perform following task:
    >>
    >> A user uses a standard ssh (e.g. putty or openssh) client and performs
    >> an ssh to a windows host
    >>
    >> The windows host would run a python script acting as ssh server.

    > The Twisted library has an sshd implementation, called conch. Here an
    > article with a simple python sshd built with twisted:
    > http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-twist4.html

    THanks a look at it in moe detail.
    Yesterday I made the probably wrong assumption, that twisted-conch
    exists only for linux as I just found a twisted-conch tarball.

    Probably however twisted-conch is already part of the twisted windows
    installer package I'll check this.

    News123, Feb 7, 2010