SSI in colours

Big Bill

If you're using a single server-side include file on several pages
(which is why [duh!] you're using it in the first place) each having
different coloured text and backgrounds, will the SSI text and
background correspond to these? I dunno how they can. But I could be
wrong here.

BB

Dylan Parry

Big said:
If you're using a single server-side include file on several pages
(which is why [duh!] you're using it in the first place) each having
different coloured text and backgrounds, will the SSI text and
background correspond to these? I dunno how they can. But I could be
wrong here.

Unless you specify any colours in the SSI'd file then the text in the file
will be the same colour as the text on the rest of the page and so will
the background. So yes is the answer :)

PeterMcC

Big Bill wrote in
If you're using a single server-side include file on several pages
(which is why [duh!] you're using it in the first place) each having
different coloured text and backgrounds, will the SSI text and
background correspond to these? I dunno how they can. But I could be
wrong here.

If you removed the presentational stuff from the SSI'd text, it should be
presented in the style defined for the enclosing element into which you've
dropped the included text.

If you want, say, a different colour/background for the include depending on
where it appears, drop it into a span/div defined for the required
colour/background. That way you can make its appearance differ according to
on its location.