    background correspond to these? I dunno how they can. But I could be
    wrong here.

    BB

    Big Bill, Jun 11, 2004

  2. Big Bill

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Big Bill wrote:

    > If you're using a single server-side include file on several pages
    > (which is why [duh!] you're using it in the first place) each having
    > different coloured text and backgrounds, will the SSI text and
    > background correspond to these? I dunno how they can. But I could be
    > wrong here.

    Unless you specify any colours in the SSI'd file then the text in the file
    will be the same colour as the text on the rest of the page and so will
    the background. So yes is the answer :)

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Jun 11, 2004

  3. Big Bill

    PeterMcC Guest

    Big Bill wrote in
    <>

    > If you're using a single server-side include file on several pages
    > (which is why [duh!] you're using it in the first place) each having
    > different coloured text and backgrounds, will the SSI text and
    > background correspond to these? I dunno how they can. But I could be
    > wrong here.

    If you removed the presentational stuff from the SSI'd text, it should be
    presented in the style defined for the enclosing element into which you've
    dropped the included text.

    If you want, say, a different colour/background for the include depending on
    where it appears, drop it into a span/div defined for the required
    colour/background. That way you can make its appearance differ according to
    on its location.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,