SSI with htm extensions

tshad

I am trying to set up some type of include mechanism to allow another
designer, that will design the look and feel of the site, to modify the
navigation buttons, links and graphics that will be used on the site using
DreamWeaver. He has no problem with page layout using DW and has no real
html/asp knowledge.

I tried setting up some include files that I called from some of my asp.net
and htm files.

After much wasted time I found that my htm files were not including my
include files and found that it has to do with the fact that they are htm
files and not asp.net files.

Is there a problem using include files in my htm files?

The problem is that we have a lot of content pages that are not asp.net
pages and we want to use the same overall page set up for these pages as the
asp.net.files.

I tried using templates in DW before, but that is a disaster if you mix and
match file types. Mainly, it just drops the Page directives for asp.net
files or adds it to the htm files (either will mess up the file).

I could use user controls (ascx) files, but that would be a problem for him
as well as DW.

I think I can somehow set up mapping to allow the IIS to include the include
files in the htm files. Looking into that now.

Are there any drawbacks to that?

Thanks,

Tom