    If I take a look at the source code it's the same as above (<td><!--#include
    file="footer.htm"--></td>)

    Appreciate any help.
    bender, Oct 20, 2003

  2. bender

    dante Guest

    Did you use an .shtml ext?

    Regards

    --

    dante, Oct 20, 2003

  3. bender

    bender Guest

    > > Im trying to use ssi on my webpages like this :
    > > <!--#include file="footer.htm"-->
    > > but the data I've got in footer.htm doesnt show up on the webpages.
    > >
    > > If I take a look at the source code it's the same as above

    > (<td><!--#include
    > > file="footer.htm"--></td>)
    > >
    > > Appreciate any help.

    No. I read somwhere that .shtml wasn't required.

    What extension support ssi may I ask ?
    bender, Oct 20, 2003
  4. bender

    PeterMcC Guest

    bender wrote:
    > "dante" <> wrote in message
    >> Did you use an .shtml ext?
    >>
    >> Regards
    >>

    >> --
    >> "bender" <> wrote in message

    >>> Im trying to use ssi on my webpages like this :
    >>> <!--#include file="footer.htm"-->
    >>> but the data I've got in footer.htm doesnt show up on the webpages.
    >>>
    >>> If I take a look at the source code it's the same as above
    >>> (<td><!--#include file="footer.htm"--></td>)
    >>>
    >>> Appreciate any help.
    >>>

    > No. I read somwhere that .shtml wasn't required.
    >
    > What extension support ssi may I ask ?

    Put the following in your .htaccess file:

    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

    And, if you don't mind all your files being parsed by the server, you could
    also put
    AddHandler server-parsed .html

    That saves you having to change all your extensions to shtml but, if you're
    only using ssi on a few pages, it may be excessive to have the server parse
    all the non-ssi files.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,