SSL and asp:menu control

Guest

I have a sort of critical problem that is driving users nuts. My site works
fine when running over HTTP but when I switch to HTTPS, an error is generated
every time a user mouses over one of the drop down menus. The error is 'This
page contains both secure and nonsecure items. Do you want to display the
nonsecure items?' and it is driving users nuts.

There is definitely nowhere in my code that is referencing a resource over
HTTP explicitly. I see in other forums that there were problems with skmMenu
possibly with a src="" that was firing this error. I also see DotNetNuke had
a problem with a function that was not returning false. I have tried pulling
up the webresource.axd and looking at the javascript but I didn't see
anything offhand. Also if it helps troubleshoot, you should know that they
asp:menu is residing in a master page. There are no graphical assets
involved in the menu (although I really wish the background had been exposed
better so I could make some nice graphics)

I am very reluctant to run the web over HTTP. I can make it publicly
available if it would help you troubleshoot.

Any assitance is greatly appreciated and will help give ASP.Net a gold star
in my organization.

Guest

I have not had a chance to work with the 2.0 framework yet and asp:menu is
not built into 1.1 so I'm going to asume it is in 2.0.

If it is in 2.0 it is important to remember 2.0 is still in beta and NOT
intended for production application (ie ones that require SSL). You should
probably report this (along with a more detailed example) as a bug.

I imagine the javascript is trying access something over HTTP and hense the
"error" which is actually just a security warning.

Good luck!

Jason Lind
Senior Software Engineer - Triton Tek

Guest

Ah yes, sorry this is definitely new to 2.0. And yes it is for what will
eventually be a production application. We live in the uncomfortable realm
of the Go Live.