SSL and IE / ASP.NET

Ashy Larry

We have some/few visitors to our site who can't login to our Secure
area of the site and have been able to in the past. We just upgraded
our web server and for about a day we had certificate problems and it
was prompting people whether they wanted to trust the certificate or
not, I'm possibly thinking some of these people said no to the
Security Alert and now can't get in. How does one flush out
certificates they said no to in the past?

Thanks for the help.

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

Not sure about earlier operating systems such as Win95 & Win98, but under
the likes of Windows 2000 and XP, you can run the Microsoft Management
console by going to 'Start --> Run' and typing 'MMC'

Then :-
* Click on 'File -> Add/Remove Snap-in'
* Click 'Add' button
* Select 'Certificates' and click the 'Add' button
* Select 'Computer Account', click 'Next'
* Select 'Local Computer', click 'Finish'
* Select 'Certificates' again
* Click 'Add' button
* Select 'My User Account', click 'Finish'.
* Click 'Close', then 'Ok'

Then you can use this to expand the nodes and look for the 'Untrusted
Certificates'.

HTH,