SSL and web Services

Thomas Connolly

I have a web Service that is accessing an Oracle back-end
database through a Forte layer via SOAP and XML. The
clients access the web service through SSL and it returns
the data it has recieved from the Forte layer. On test
machines (Windows 2000 Pro) there is no problem. The SSL
works fine, the web service returns the pages and data
without any problems. When I deployed the application to
the server (Win2K Server) the page returns with no data.
Somewhere, there is a problem retriving data from the
Forte layer to the Web Service. can this be an SSL
issue? Has anyone had any experience with anything such
as this? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Brainstorm ideas welcome also!!!

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Thomas Connolly

Steve,
I really appreciate your reply. As I am a novice at SSL,
can you give some more detail? For example, namespaces to
add, where this code goes and what it does, etc.

Again, thank you.

Tom