SSL and Web Services

AndyBrew

Hi

We are currently embarking upon a project to develop a suite of web services
to allow the integration of a PDA application with our data server. Our
current thoughts are to setup an SSL certificate on the server and use a
custom username/password authentication mechanism for authentication.

I have reviewed the MSDN documentation with regards security etc. but
haven't found many practical examples, so my questions are: -

1. Do we need to do anything different with regards the development of the
web service to support SSL or does it just work.

2. Are there any good links to documents I have missed?

Thanks in advance

Andy