SSL / authentication primer

Richard

Level: Effectively a newbie.

There are Java client applications that have to connect to a Java
server application via TCP. Someone told us he needs those clients
to authenticate to LDAP/kerberos or the local Linux box that's
running the Java server application. Both the client and server are
ours.

Is there a primer someplace on how to set this up? The web searches
so far all seem to presume we're authenticating to Apache or Web
Logic, etc., which seems to be clouding the picture a little bit.

Muchos arigato.

Xavier Tarrago

If it is a web application, the best is to delegate to the application
server the authentification.
Q: How to delegate to an application server the authentification from a
ldap?
R : It is app server ependant
Q : How to do this with a Apache httpd + Tomcat ?
Q : How to do this with Tomcat stand-alone?
R : I do not know but i am very interested to get an answer ;-)

In the case of server that is not inside a application server, i guess you
have to do it yourself, sorry :-(

Richard

(e-mail address removed) wrote...
In the case of server that is not inside a application server, i guess you
have to do it yourself, sorry :-(

Yep, that's the case. I'm sorry too.