ssl-enabled python for arm linux

Frederik Vanrenterghem

Hi,

I'm trying to get libgmail to run on my iPAQ running Familiar
Linux. I've installed the arm-linux Python distribution from
http://www.vanille.de/projects/python.spy

As it doesn't appear to have been compiled with OpenSSL, I have copied
_ssl.so from the Debian ARM repository, but now I'm encountering errors in
the application I try to run - errors I'm not seeing when running the app
on my Debian box.

My question is: was it ok to take _ssl from the Debian arm archive, and
if it was, should I take anything else as well to get a Python able to
access https pages?

Thx,

--
Frederik Vanrenterghem This sentence no verb.
http://vanrenterghem.biz