SSL Folder Location Using shared Certificate

Alphonse Giambrone

I am building an asp.net web app where a couple of pages will use ssl.
It is on a commercial shared host and will utilize a shared ssl certificate.
The SSL folder provided is physically on the same server as the rest of the
site, but it is on the same level as the wwwroot folder as opposed to being
a subfolder of the root.

I use VS2003 for development.
Is there any way I can include that folder in the project in order to
utilize common objects?
If so, how?
Or, must I create a new project just for those couple of pages and treat it
as a separate app?

Is it usual for a web host to provide folders on the same level as the root?

TIA