SSL Folders

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Harag, Dec 24, 2003.

  1. Harag

    Harag Guest

    Hi All

    This might be in the wrong group but since its mostly ASP and I read
    this on the most (other than an sql one) I thought it would be ok to
    post here.

    I have a domain www.company.com and also a sub domain like
    forum.company.com I have learned that the sub domain is actually a
    folder under my main domain so if I typed www.company.com/forum - it
    would go to the same file as if I typed the sub domain, unfortunatly
    all the files in the subdomain point to root paths eg:
    /Images/logo.gif

    This isn't a problem as the subdomain is seperate and I treat it like
    its a new website.

    I was wondering before I spend more money and activate a 10mb SSL
    folder - how would I actually code for this folder?

    Is the SSL on a seperate server, or just a folder off the main domain
    name?

    I want to do a register system "username" etc & some personnal details
    through a sercure line.

    Can anyone point me to where I can get more info?

    thanks.

    Al.

    Harag, Dec 24, 2003