SSL HTTPS in ASP.NET application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Dominick Baier, Sep 13, 2004.

  1. have you selected "force 128bit" ? if yes - what's the behaviour when you unselect?

    keep in mind that e.g. windows NT has no 128 Bit support (remember the days of high encryption pack and friends??)

    ---
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security/<>

    I created a ASP.NET application using C#.
    I am using IIS 5.1 server for hosting my appliation.

    I want the users to access the web site through SSL. So that I created
    a certificate using the MakeCert.exe that comes with .Net. Then I used
    it with the IIS. I selected the SSL and 128 bit encryption for my
    site. But when I tried to access my website, it is showing me the
    "Page Cannot be displayed" error.

    Can anyone help me out.

    Thanks

    [microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.security]

    Dominick Baier, Sep 13, 2004