SSL,IISCache control headers and opening PDFs

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by siddharthkhare@hotmail.com, Jun 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,
    When I try to open a .pdf file. browser throws a error that pdf file is
    nt
    cached.

    Site has no cache headers applied and SSL is enable.

    I think this is the reason for that to happen.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316431

    So work arounds I was thinkng of are ...

    1)Put the asp pages that are opening the pdf OR the PDF file in a
    different
    site that does not have headers applied.

    Down Side : PDF file will be cached .

    2)Use code to stream the pdf files....Reponse.OutputStream ..etc...

    It may allow me to not have PDF files not cached because we are
    streaming it
    in server side code and asp page will not be cached.
    I am not sure if Reponse.OutputStream wll try to access/save documents
    in
    cache also then this won't work...It will give me the same error that I
    get
    when access it using URL...Any Ideas on this?

    Are there any other ways to handle this?
    Thanks
    Siddharth
    , Jun 8, 2006