SSL Problem - Page Cannot Be Displayed

Guest

Hello all,

I am using the following microsoft article to try and learn more about SSL: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315588

I have a virtual directory that I have required SSL for. When I don't require SSL, then I can browse to the page using the following url:
http://localhost/ASecureSite/WebForm1.aspx

However, when I do require SSL on the virtual directory, I receive the following error: Page Cannot Be Displayed (Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer ). I receive the error when using the following url :
https://localhost/ASecureSite/WebForm1.aspx

I am having issues with the certificate. I created a request for a certificate off a windows 2003 server. My machine cannot "see" the windows 2003 if I use the server's name. It does however see the server if I use the server's IP address. Could this be an issue?

When I attempt to finish installing the requested certificate, I receive an error that says I failed to install the certificate because the keyset does not exist. However, if I use the Web Server certificate wizard and choose the option of Assign an existing certificate, the wizard sees the certificate that I just made the request for and will install it.

Could it be my certificate? Or does anybody have any other suggestions or advise as to what is going on here?

TYIA

Dave

Hi Aben,

I'm not sure about your certificate, but you may wish to check your
webserver and be sure that IIS has the SSL port set to 443 as by default it
is blank (in IIS 5 , that is).
Right click your website name and select properties, on the website tab, you
should see a SSL box, type in 443 in that box.

Dave

--

This eMail may contain data that is considered privileged and
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is