SSL problems opening existing website from Visual Studio

kress1963nov22

I created a simple sebpage using one of my hosting company's free
tools. I then tried to open the site through my Express copy of Visual
Web Studio from Microsoft. I think I may have hit the "Open in SSL"
button once, and even though I reset my FrontPage extensions, I can
open my site even without the SSL box unchecked. Is there a way of
changing some preferences or settings to allow me into the site?
Thanks! I'm a newbie!