SSL Server on Win32 with Python 2.3? (actually medusa https_server.py )

Brad Clements

I need to get my cross platform medusa based package to support SSL on
Windows and Linux.

Using Python 2.3, there doesn't seem to be any way to do this on Windows
without M2Crypto.

Is that correct?

There's an SF patch 783188 that hints that server-side SSL might become
possible, but there's no other mention in that patch about certificate
generation and so forth.

I've googled around (web and this ng) and so far, M2Crypto seems to be my
only solution.

Ultimately, I'm using py2exe to build a win32 service that should
"dynamically generate" it's own SSL certificate on installation (after
determining the IP address it will be listening on).

I have to do the same thing on Linux/Solaris.

Is M2Crypto my only route?

Thanks for any hints.